Website Nuu-chah-nulth Economic Development Corporation (NEDC)
Are you interested in making a difference in support of Indigenous communities, and pursuing your passion for business development?
If you are a talented and enthusiastic Business Development Officer with experience in government programs, funding procedures and indigenous culture we have a new and exciting opportunity for you with the Nuu-chah-nulth Economic Development Corporation (NEDC) located in Port Alberni, BC.
Are you interested in making a difference in support of Indigenous communities, and pursuing your passion for business development? Do you have a deep appreciation for Indigenous cultures and possess the entrepreneurial spirit necessary to assist eligible applicants in achieving economic and social independence? If so, this opportunity is ideal for you!
About our client:
NEDC is not just a dynamic and innovative team; they are a family united by a common purpose. They are dedicated to empowering Indigenous communities, fostering economic independence, preserving cultural heritage and creating opportunities for the next generation.
What is the role of the Business Development Officer:
As the Business Development Officer, you will play a pivotal role in identifying and nurturing growth opportunities for Indigenous businesses while supporting these entrepreneurs. You’ll be instrumental in establishing and maintaining partnerships, securing funding, and providing strategic guidance to ensure the sustainable development of our communities.
Why join Nuu-chah-nulth Economic Development Corporation:
- Competitive salary, $55,000 to $75,000 commensurate with your experience and reviewed annually
- Employer paid Group Insurance, including medical and dental benefits
- Support for continuing professional development
- Generous vacation allowance
- A flexible work environment
Our ideal Business Development Officer candidate brings:
- Post-secondary education related to business planning, finance, or development
- 3 years of recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience will be considered
- Experience with government programs, funding procedures, and Indigenous culture is essential
- Experience working with financial information and lending systems in a related environment with demonstrated skills and abilities is required
- A track record of client success stories demonstrating effective relationship building skills and the drive for results, with the ability to deliver on and build positive business relationships
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated competency of Microsoft Office (i.e., Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook)
These Skills and Abilities will help you thrive:
- Knowledge of business planning, lending practices, and legal contracts including the ability to demonstrate good judgement of client potential and business opportunities
- Ability to develop, analyze and evaluate business plans, financial statements, and projects
- Knowledge of environmental assessments
- Ability to work independently, organize workload, and prioritize multiple demands
- Ability to be build and maintain relationships, seek resolution in conflict, and be effective in stressful situations
- Knowledge of federal and provincial government grant, contribution programs, initiatives, and procedures
- Knowledge of NCN area and people
- Knowledge and understanding of Indigenous histories and cultures
- Lived experience and/or knowledge of Indigenous peoples
- All incumbents must be bondable
- All incumbents must possess a valid driver’s license and have the business use of a vehicle
How to apply:
TallSky is committed to supporting our clients in building inclusive cultures that embrace differences. Our approach reflects professional employment equity practices, and we believe in celebrating each candidate’s uniqueness. Diverse teams learn how to communicate respectfully, deliver more innovative solutions and are better positioned for long-term success.
This position will remain open until it is filled. We thank all applicants; however, after initial acknowledgement, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.