Website BOCA Engineering
Opportunity to work with a successful Vancouver Island family company that offers a culture of growth and development.
We are seeking an energetic Structural Engineer, EIT, to join BOCA Engineering’s growing Vancouver Island business. Based in Victoria, BC, and reporting to the Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for the structural design of residential and small commercial buildings and conduct field reviews and investigations, preparing drawings, write reports and ensure all work meets the highest quality standards.
Your technical projects will focus primarily on the structural aspects of buildings with some cross-over into building science, fire protection and civil infrastructure. Projects are a diverse mix of evaluation, design and field work with a focus on building with new construction technologies and no day or project will be the same.
As part of their dynamic team, your technical expertise, direct communication style and inquisitive approach to our clients will help make you successful in this role. They promise a positive culture of partnering, mentorship, and respect and meaningful career growth potential with the company.
Joining BOCA you will:
- Work with a successful Vancouver Island family company
- Enjoy a rewarding compensation package, including benefits
- Embrace innovative building science in Structural Engineering Design and new construction technologies
- Join a culture of growth and development starting from the hands-on technical operations to leading projects and client management
- Be able to reach your career aspirations and beyond
Our ideal Structural Engineer brings:
- Bachelor of Engineering degree (Masters encouraged) from an accredited University in Civil-Structural discipline.
- Registered, or eligible to register, as an Engineer-In-Training (EIT) with Engineers and Geoscientists BC. The successful candidate will be directly supervised by a professional engineer (P.Eng.) registered in BC.
- 1 – 3 years of professional (or co-op) experience in a consulting environment working with Canadian and USA building codes and materials design standards.
- Hands-on work experience in a construction-related setting with structural materials and tools (e.g. labour and trades work, landscaping, fabrication shop).
- Trained and experienced using AutoCAD, Bluebeam, MS Word, MS Excel software.
- Valid B.C. driver’s license and personal vehicle available for business use.
- Commitment to client service, technical excellence, teamwork, and career-personal growth.
About BOCA Engineering:
BOCA Engineering Co. SPAR is a structural engineering company headquartered in Victoria, BC, serving the Vancouver-Island based construction industry and consulting on building with new innovation construction methods across Canada and USA. BOCA-SPAR provides services that include structural building designs for new construction and renovation, product code evaluations, laboratory testing programs, remediation assessments/solutions, and specialty (non-building) structure designs.
BOCA Engineering Co. SPAR is locally owned and operated, progressive and looking to add team members seeking a challenging and energetic workplace. A competitive pay structure and benefits package will be offered commensurate with experience.
If you are a Structural Engineer who would love to join BOCA Engineering, you are encouraged to review the full Job Description and to apply in confidence to TallSky Consulting with a resume and job-specific cover letter.
We thank all applicants who apply; however, after initial acknowledgement, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.