Website The Root Cellar
In this senior leadership role you will create the vision and lead the forward-looking HR strategy for this unique and growing company.
If you are a strategic and innovative Senior Manager of People and Culture who has been looking for the right opportunity to have a leading role in a successful, local company that truly lives their values, this new opportunity with The Root Cellar in Victoria, BC, may be the one you have been hoping for. In this senior leadership role, you will create the vision and lead the forward-looking HR strategy for this unique and growing company.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the experience you have gained in senior level HR management roles will help you to deliver the people strategy through HR planning, creation, and launch of people-focused programs and initiatives. You will take on accountability for HR governance, employee relations, performance management, training and development, talent management, and reporting.
The Root Cellar believes that time spent gathered around the table is what connects us as people, families, and communities, and that good food is essential not only for survival but for our human need for togetherness. They want their customer’s experience of food to be extraordinary, beginning with their visit to The Root Cellar and to create this culture they hire passionate individuals, driven by a shared love of food, a desire to deliver extraordinary experiences, and make an impact. Their core values of integrity, sustainability, and spreading sunshine are reflected in each team member, creating a more rewarding work experience for all – together they support the corporate strategy, high standards and the community where they live, work and play.
What makes The Root Cellar a great employer?
There are many reasons for joining a work environment that the team is proud to be part of, and here are a few:
- A competitive salary (based on experience) with an annual review to ensure alignment.
- 20% Team Member discount in their stores (stores that provide extraordinary food experiences and memorable shopping experiences – customers look forward to visiting and talk about their experience).
- Great comprehensive benefits with a full complement of medical and dental coverage, as well as an employee and family assistance package.
- RRSP Program.
- They are deeply committed to supporting the growth and well-being of their Team Members, and there will be both learning and cultural opportunities for you to grow and develop within your role, and within your team, helping you to reach your full potential.
- Did we mention the Green Sauce?
Your responsibilities as Senior Manager of People and Culture may include:
- Leading the development of an inspirational and forward-looking Human Resource strategy that includes key performance indicators and metrics for the organization, and reporting to the executive and leadership team on traction against KPIs.
- Ensuring compliance with employment equity and diversity and inclusion legislation and guidelines, and creating company-wide policies on all human resource matters including compensation, benefits, overtime, ensuring adherence to provincial and national labour laws, BC Employment Standards Act, Human Rights Act, WorkSafeBC, and Occupational Health and Safety.
- Providing coaching, training, tools, and support to managers to prevent harassment, reduce employee complaints, and to encourage satisfied team members.
- Developing progressive career development programs to retain talent and reduce attrition and proposing the direction and overseeing the execution of strategies to secure the best possible talent to support The Root Cellar’s mission and growth.
This is a small sampling of what your day could hold. Please review the full Job Description to learn more about this leadership opportunity.
Our ideal Senior Manager of People and Culture has:
- 6+ years of progressive HR generalist and HR managerial experience including recruitment, training and development, succession planning, employee engagement, and performance management and reporting.
- Experience in the grocery, retail or hospitality industry is beneficial, and an understanding of what it is like to work on the frontlines in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resource Management or other related field, or an equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP) is considered an asset.
- Knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and
- Understanding of BC Employment Standards Act, Human Rights Code, WorkSafe regulations, and other applicable HR legislation
Skills and abilities that will help you thrive in this role:
- Ability to take ownership and be accountable for delivering results while improving individual, team and organisational contributions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Thinks and acts strategically
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail, and an ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage multiple projects.
- Strong relationship building skills.
We would love to hear from you!
If this exciting opportunity and the chance to join a growing Island company where you can be proud to work is what you have been seeking, then we encourage you review the full Job Description and forward your confidential application to TallSky Consulting.
TallSky is committed to supporting our clients in building inclusive cultures that embrace differences. Our approach reflects professional employment equity practices, and we believe in celebrating each candidate’s uniqueness. Diverse teams learn how to communicate respectfully, deliver more innovative solutions and are better positioned for long-term success.
This position will remain open until it is filled. We thank all applicants; however, after initial acknowledgement, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.