Would you love to develop cutting-edge products that will add to Starfish Medical’s world-renowned medical device portfolio?
If you are an experienced Senior Electrical Engineer who would love to develop cutting-edge products that will add to Starfish Medical’s world-renowned medical device portfolio, then you will want to review this new opportunity in Victoria, BC. You will bring your diverse technical experience in product development to their thriving innovation hub where you will collaborate with a talented multidisciplinary design team, interface directly with clients, and lead the development of electronics sub-systems.
At StarFish Medical, we’re at the forefront of new product introduction and specialize in low-volume, high-precision production of electro-mechanical medical devices. As the Senior Electrical Engineer you will report directly to the Electrical Engineering Functional Manager and your strong interpersonal skills will be highly valued as you work with clients to learn their specific technologies and product requirements, and then conceive, design, and integrate electrical sub-systems into medical devices.
If you’re passionate about making a difference in medical technology, we invite you to apply!
Total compensation range is expected to be:
$100,980 – $142,340 CAD for this position. Annual variable compensation tied to the completion of goals has a target that is 5-7.5% of the base salary. Employees are also eligible to earn profit sharing.
StarFish Medical offers:
The opportunity to join a group of passionate individuals striving to make a meaningful impact, combined with:
- Full-time, Permanent position
- Award-winning culture with deep-rooted Guiding Principals
- Profit sharing
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent company-paid benefits package
- Monthly All-hands meetings
- An active social committee with events that happen both during the workday and outside of work hours
- 50% BC Transit cost-sharing in Victoria
- Shower facilities for midday runs or biking to work & Galloping Goose access is close by
- Free parking on-site or around the premises
As a Senior Electrical Engineer you will:
- Conceive, design, and integrate electrical sub-systems into medical devices.
- Apply fundamentals to understand and solve challenging multidisciplinary problems.
- Create schematics and circuit board layouts, and develop low-level firmware.
- Simulate and verify designs, and document design decisions and results.
- Analyze complex problems to determine root causes.
- Play a key role in mentoring and motivating talented Junior and Intermediate Engineers.
- Interface between Program and Project Managers and the technical team.
- Advocate for design excellence and client value.
- Continuously expand your technical knowledge and skills with a focus on innovation.
- Judiciously delegate and supervise development work.
- Participate in the drafting of project proposals.
- Contribute to Starfish’s continuous improvement processes.
- Develop and document products appropriately for manufacturing transfer and submission for regulatory approvals.
Our ideal candidate brings:
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering or a related field.
- Minimum of 7 years of diverse technical experience in product development.
- Theory and practice of design for electromagnetic compliance (EMC).
- Hands-on PCB layout experience (Altium knowledge an asset).
- Experience soldering and reworking SMT components.
- Familiarity with common bio-medical technologies
- Mentoring experience.
- Experience in a fast-paced consulting environment.
- Experience in Medical Device development or a similarly regulated industry.
Required Skills and Attributes:
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in a highly collaborative team environment.
- Strong understanding of fundamentals and the ability to quickly come up to speed with new technologies.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Demonstrated orientation to details.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
About StarFish Medical
We are a leading North American contract product development and prototype/low-volume manufacturing firm with an award-winning culture focused on the medical and bio-device spaces. We tend to work on complex electromechanical devices across all medical specialties. We have over 200 staff located in two main offices in Victoria and Toronto, Canada, and business development staff across the US and have been in business and growing for 23 years. Our values include innovation, transparency, being aspirational and efficiency. Our job is to enable entrepreneurial medical device companies to improve medical care as their lean med-tech start-up partner assisting them in moving from idea to commercialization with as much founder value intact as possible. Balancing our innovation mandate with reliable execution is a never-ending challenge. We need to be consultative and help our clients become valuable and successful, sometimes in ways they didn’t imagine at the beginning, delivering that value in meaningful and powerful ways to them and their investors. In addition to product development, we also supply intellectual property, regulatory, quality assurance, manufacturing transfer and optimization, supply chain and other complementary services. We are known for innovation, technical excellence, service-oriented culture, and operational systems.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At StarFish Medical, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles! Please apply through the StarFish Medical Portal.
StarFish Medical works with external compensation consultants annually to ensure our ranges reflect the market and our compensation philosophy. StarFish Medical utilizes a career framework that outlines the skills, abilities and behaviors that are required to move between levels of a job family. Placement within a range is based upon those skills, abilities and behaviors. When candidates are assessed for the posted position, we may find that their skills are more aligned with a different level and will discuss that as a separate opportunity. That position may have a different pay range.
If you experience any difficulties when applying, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with the “Senior Electrical Engineer” subject line.
We thank all candidates who apply; however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted following initial application acknowledgment. No phone calls, please.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.ca.