Website The Truffles Group
Are you a motivated Recruitment and HR Generalist who would love the opportunity to learn and grow in a maternity coverage contract role?
Are you a motivated Recruitment and HR Generalist who would love the opportunity to learn and grow in a maternity coverage contract role with a successful, dynamic Vancouver Island company that offers a fun and collaborative environment, a great culture and incredible benefits and rewards?
The Recruitment and HR Generalist will play a lead role in the execution of recruitment strategies and will help develop and maintain HR programs. Coordinating head office recruitment and recruitment for their multiple brands is a key part of this role, as well as supporting their HR department with the development and administration of various programs and initiatives. This will include employment relations, engagement, policies, and health and safety administration.
Are you forward thinking with a good understanding of industry trends? Have you been described as a go-getter with excellent communication skills and exemplary attention to detail? Would you love the opportunity to provide day-to-day support to a diverse group of businesses and would you thrive when championing their work culture and working to elevate the candidate and employee experience? If this is speaking to you, keep reading!
Our client, The Truffles Group, focuses on creating genuine, elevated guest and team experiences. Over the past 25 years they have grown from one employee to over 350, and from one brand to six! Their group of companies includes Cascadia Liquor, Flight Cannabis Co., Habitat Café, Heritage Quay Developments, Victoria Butterfly Gardens, and Truffles Catering. They grow their business responsibly and ethically on a foundation and commitment to their core values: Quality, Integrity, Community, Growth, and FUN!
What makes them a great employer?
They offer many benefits and rewards, and here is just a sampling of what you can look forward to when you join their team:
- Competitive salary of $70,000 – 80,000 (based on related experience and education)
- Flexible schedule
- RRSP matching and employer paid extended health and dental plan and annual health and wellness reimbursement
- Education and tuition reimbursement and in-house training and certifications
- Product and staff discounts to all their brands
- A socially responsible and inclusive culture with paid volunteer days and charitable donation matching
- LEED Gold-certified waterfront offices with rooftop deck, secure bike storage, shower facilities, and modern kitchen stocked with snacks and refreshments (a new employee shared they love the AMAZING coffee!)
- FUN working environment – theme days, annual parties, and lunchtime walks along the water!
What would your day as the Recruitment and HR Generalist hold?
- Collaborating with senior leaders to identify recruiting needs and developing and executing creative and effective recruitment plans and strategies.
- Developing job descriptions, job postings and candidate profiles in conjunction with the hiring managers.
- Performing full cycle recruitment and sourcing applicants through various methods including advertising, job sites, sourcing, career fairs and various online career platforms and maintaining effective relationships with social and professional networks including post secondary institutions and organizations.
- Administering the Health and Safety program including reporting, submitting WorkSafeBC claims, return to work administration, and updating the Health and Safety Toolkit as needed.
- Providing HR administrative support as needed including employment offers, onboarding documentation, and policy and program reviews and updates.
- Championing culture and engagement within the group of companies and fostering relationships with business managers and stay on top of current issues.
This is just a small sampling of the key responsibilities of this leadership role. Please review the full Job Description to learn more.
Our ideal Recruitment and HR Generalist brings:
- 4+ years of human resources generalist experience including recruitment, employee engagement, advising, coaching, and health and safety.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resource Management or other related field, or an equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Chartered Professional in Human Resources (CPHR) considered an asset.
- Intermediate proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Understanding of BC Employment Standards Act, Human Rights Code, WorkSafe regulations, and other applicable HR legislation.
- Familiarity in retail and hospitality industries would be an asset.
These skills and abilities that will help you thrive in this role:
- Adaptable, flexible, and thrives in fast paced, dynamic environments.
- Willingness to roll up sleeves and be part of the process and solutions.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team environment.
- Excellent time and task management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- EQ intuitive with exceptional listening skills.
We would love to hear from you!
If the Recruitment and HR Generalist opportunity is what you have been hoping for, and joining a successful and growing Island company appeals to you, after learning more about the responsibilities and requirements by reviewing the full Job Description, apply in confidence to TallSky Consulting with a resume that clearly demonstrates how you meet the requirements of this position. We look forward to hearing from you!
TallSky is committed to supporting our clients in building inclusive cultures that embrace differences. Our approach reflects professional employment equity practices, and we believe in celebrating each candidate’s uniqueness. Diverse teams learn how to communicate respectfully, deliver more innovative solutions, and are better positioned for long-term success.
This position will remain open until it is filled. We thank all applicants; however, after initial acknowledgement, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.