Website Cork & Barrel Spirit Merchants
Part-time opportunity in the heart of Oak Bay for an associate with a passion for service excellence
Our client, Cork & Barrel Spirit Merchants has a new opportunity for a Part-Time Sales Associate in their store located in the heart of Oak Bay. Reporting to the Store Manager, this position is responsible for providing exceptional customer service and product knowledge to the customers and community.
Are you a hard-working individual with a passion for service excellence? Do you have experience in handling cash in a retail, hospitality, or food services environment? Do you possess a team-focused mentality and willingness to learn about the growing world of beer, wine, and spirits? If you answered yes to these questions, you may the candidate we are looking for!
About Cork & Barrel Spirit Merchants
Cork & Barrel is a locally owned and operated liquor retailer in Victoria BC. Since our first day in business, we’ve been bringing the best selection of products and merchandise to our customers. Our name has become synonymous with quality throughout the entire Victoria area, and we do our best to ensure a permanent variety of fantastic items along with unique limited edition and seasonal items. Led by a strong, inclusive leader that is committed to staff education and development, our team possesses a vast array of product knowledge, experience, and passion for the industry.
As a Sales Associate your role will focus on:
- Providing exceptional customer service by establishing contact, greeting customers, and ensuring customer satisfaction
- Maintaining a balanced float while on shift and count cash drawer at end of shift
- Stocking shelves and display areas and keep stock clean and in order
- Initiating opportunities for additional sales
- Facing and displaying merchandise
- Maintaining store cleanliness during shift
- Assisting in receiving and storing products
- Actively participating in fostering a prosperous and enjoyable work environment for all staff
Please review the full Job Description to learn more.
- Must be 19+ years of age
- Serving It Right certification
- Previous cash handling experience in retail, hospitality, or food services
- Experience in liquor retail an asset
- Excellent customer service and problem-solving skills
- Availability to work weekends/evening shifts
- Capable of lifting 20+ pounds worth of material
Cork and Barrel offers competitive compensation of $18/hr, with potential for increase based on experience, and benefits including extended health and dental coverage (full-time employees only), a central location in the heart of Oak Bay, and onsite parking.
How to Apply:
If you are motivated by retail service excellence and have a passion to learn more about the world of beer, wine, and spirits, read the Job Description to learn more and then apply in confidence to TallSky Consulting with a resume that outlines how your experience meets the requirements of this position.
We thank all candidates who apply; however, after initial acknowledgement of application, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.