Website StarFish Medical
Do you have senior level experience in fostering positive change, enhancing effectiveness, and developing systems for overall performance?
Are you passionate about making a lasting impact and are ready to play a key role in shaping the future of organizational development in a rapidly growing organization? Do you have senior level experience in fostering positive change, enhancing effectiveness, and developing systems for overall performance? Are you a natural relationship builder with the ability to connect with diverse stakeholders? If you have answered “yes,” keep reading as this may be an opportunity worth applying for!
Starfish Medical has a new opportunity for an Organizational Development (OD) Manager to join the People and Culture team in their Victoria, BC or Toronto, ON office. Reporting to the Senior Vice President of People and Culture, the Organizational Development (OD) Manager plays a crucial role in fostering a positive and productive work environment by implementing strategic initiatives aimed at enhancing the organization’s effectiveness, employee engagement, and overall performance. This role requires a combination of leadership, change management, and Human Resources expertise to drive organizational growth and development.
As Organizational Development (OD) Manager some your work will include:
- Collaborate with managers on organizational design, providing input, identifying resources for efficiency and recommend changes for alignment with organizational goals.
- Support corporate initiatives for organizational development, diversity, and inclusion.
- Design talent maps for career development and assist hiring managers in crafting ideal candidate profiles, addressing skill gaps, and refining the interview process.
- Execute engagement initiatives, including surveys, action planning, and coaching.
- Conduct surveys to measure employee satisfaction and identify improvement areas.
- Facilitate and implement organizational development sessions, workshops, and focus groups.
- Lead organizational change initiatives, providing guidance to leaders and employees.
- Advise on performance feedback, improvement strategies, and change management best practices.
- Use data to establish key metrics, assess the effectiveness of initiatives, and report on performance indicators.
Our ideal candidate brings:
- Post-secondary degree in Business Management, Human Resources, a related field, or the equivalent in education and experience.
- 7+ years’ experience in an Organizational Development or Human Resources role, with senior level experience in design and implementation of career development programs
- Proven experience in organizational development, change management, and leadership development with demonstrated knowledge of OD theories and principles.
- Exceptional relationship management skills with the ability to establish credibility at all levels of the organization and demonstrated ability to work effectively within a team environment as well as independently.
- Strong change management, organizational effectiveness, and project management capabilities, with extraordinary writing, editing, communication, and presentation skills.
- Proven facilitation and presentation abilities with the aptitude to lead and support participants during learning sessions.
- Ability to integrate and align strategy, people, and activities across functions, processes, and teams, coupled with the capability to translate vision and strategy into clear actionable goals.
- Proficiency in technology to support career development programs
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem-solving abilities.
Exceptional Qualifications would include:
- Experience working in a high-tech consulting environment.
- Certification in Organizational Development or a related field.
These are just some of the many aspects of this exciting role. If you feel that you would be suitable for this position, we encourage you to review the full job description: https://starfishmedical.com/assets/JD-Organizational-Development-Manager-2024-01-05.pdf before you apply through the StarFish Medical Portal.
Total compensation range is expected to be:
$73,190 – $109,593 CAD for this position in British Columbia, with Ontario salary ranges slightly higher. Annual variable compensation tied to the completion of goals has a target which is between 3-8% of the base salary. Employees are also eligible to earn profit sharing.
StarFish Medical offers:
The opportunity to join a group of passionate individuals striving to make a meaningful impact, combined with:
- Full-time, Permanent position.
- The opportunity to work on ground-breaking technology.
- Award-winning culture with deep-rooted Guiding Principles.
- Profit-sharing program.
- Excellent company-paid benefits package.
- Paid vacation and sick leave.
- Monthly All-hands meetings.
- Active social committee.
- 50% BC Transit / TTC cost-sharing in Toronto.
- Both locations offer shower facilities for midday runs or biking to work; Victoria offers Galloping Goose access close by, while Toronto offers a Bike Share station within a 5-minute walk to the Office.
- Both locations offer free parking on-site or around the premises.
About StarFish Medical:
We are a leading North American contract product development and prototype/low-volume manufacturing firm with an award-winning culture focused on the medical and bio-device spaces. We tend to work on complex electromechanical devices across all medical specialties. We have over 200 staff located in two main offices in Victoria and Toronto, Canada, and business development staff across the US and have been in business and growing for 25 years. Our values include innovation, transparency, being aspirational and efficiency. Our job is to enable entrepreneurial medical device companies to improve medical care as their lean med-tech start-up partner assisting them in moving from idea to commercialization with as much founder value intact as possible. Balancing our innovation mandate with reliable execution is a never-ending challenge.
We need to be consultative and help our clients become valuable and successful (sometimes in ways they didn’t imagine at the beginning) delivering that value in meaningful and powerful ways to them and their investors. In addition to product development, we also supply intellectual property, regulatory, quality assurance, manufacturing transfer and optimization, supply chain and other complementary services. We are known for innovation, technical excellence, service-oriented culture, and operational systems.
StarFish Medical works with external compensation consultants annually to ensure our ranges reflect the market and our compensation philosophy. StarFish Medical utilizes a career framework that outlines the skills, abilities and behaviors that are required to move between levels of a job family. Placement within a range is based upon those skills, abilities, and behaviors. When candidates are assessed for the posted position, we may find that their skills are more aligned with a different level and will discuss that as a separate opportunity. That position may have a different pay range.
How to apply:
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At StarFish Medical, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you are excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles! .
If you experience any difficulties when applying, please reach out to email@example.com with the “Organizational Development Manager” subject line.
We thank all candidates who apply; however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted following initial application acknowledgment. No phone calls, please.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.ca.