Website Interchange Recycling
Opportunity for an operationally focused and motivated leader with a passion for creating systems and processes that drive growth, fiscal efficiencies, and operational excellence.
On behalf of our client, Interchange Recycling, we have an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated Operations Manager to join their growing team in Victoria, BC.
The Operations Manager will be responsible for ensuring the efficient functioning of all Interchange Recycling operational processes while implementing activities that enhance productivity and operational excellence all through a lens of environmental responsibility and sustainability. With oversight of the collector and processor program, provide ongoing reviews and manage relationships for claim payments currently in the range of $14M annually.
Are you an operationally focused and motivated leader that is strategic and innovative in your approach? Do you have a passion for creating systems and processes that drive growth, fiscal efficiencies, and operational excellence? Are you a strong communicator with the ability to create relationships with others at all levels? Do you thrive in an atmosphere that you are able to demonstrate your commitment to environmental responsibility? If this sounds like you, we encourage you to keep reading!
What Interchange Recycling offers:
- Salary: $65,000-$75,000 depending on experience
- Three weeks’ vacation
- Chamber benefits (extended health and dental coverage)
- Flexible schedule
- Beautiful downtown office location
- Parking, bus pass and/or bike storage provided
Our ideal Operations Manager brings the following:
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Business Administration, Operations Management, or a related field.
- 3-5 years’ experience in operations management or similar role. Experience in the environmental industry is preferred.
- Strong leadership abilities with a track record of successfully managing and developing teams.
- Demonstrated knowledge of relevant municipal, provincial, and national industry regulations.
These Skills and Abilities will help you thrive:
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with a data-driven approach to decision making coupled with the ability to identify and resolve problems quickly and effectively.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships with internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a dynamic and rapidly changing environment.
- Strong organizational and time management abilities, with a keen attention to detail.
- Proficiency in using operational tools, software, and systems.
- Experience working in a regulated industry is preferred.
- Familiarity of continuous improvement processes is preferred.
What’s Interchange Recycling all about:
Interchange Recycling, formerly BC Used Oil Management Association (BCUOMA), located in Victoria BC, is a collaborative, not-for-profit, producer-governed group that upholds the environmental objectives of our members. We collect and recycle the products they make and sell, which are then made available as new products from our members and other vendors.
At Interchange, we move forward through balance. Like a major highway interchange, there is a constant flow of materials arriving into the market and coming back into our operations. Likewise, we direct the traffic for members, government, collectors & processors, public recycling centres, and of course, the public. Currently, we recycle used motor oil, oil filters, oil containers, antifreeze, and antifreeze containers–and we’re always examining new automotive and industrial products to bring into our recycling process.
How to apply:
TallSky is committed to supporting our clients in building inclusive cultures that embrace differences. Our approach reflects professional employment equity practices, and we believe in celebrating each candidate’s uniqueness. Diverse teams learn how to communicate respectfully, deliver more innovative solutions, and are better positioned for long-term success.
This position will remain open until it is filled. We thank all applicants; however, after initial acknowledgement, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.