Website Titan Boats
Opportunity to to learn and build your career while enjoying the variety of different projects in a new state-of-the-art facility.
On behalf of our successful and growing client, Titan Boats, we are searching for an experienced Marine Systems Technician to join their team in Victoria, BC. Titan Boats specializes in designing and building aluminum hulled inflatable boats for customers around the world. The Marine Systems Technician is responsible for performing quality installations, service, and maintenance on all vessels to maintain Titan’s reputation for performance and exceptional quality. This will include the installation of high/low voltage marine electrical systems, engines, and plumbing systems.
Are you an industrious Marine Systems Technician who wants to learn and build your career while enjoying the variety of different projects? Would you enjoy working in a new state-of-the-art facility that you can access after-hours to exercise your creativity? Do you thrive in an environment where the quality of your work contributes to the solid performance of a product and the success of a family-owned company? If you are looking to be part of a team in a local Island company that is steadily building an international reputation for performance combined with a commitment to exceptional quality in their boats, this will be the job for you!
What makes Titan a great employer?
- Competitive salary, $25-$34 per hour, commensurate with your experience
- Offer of full-time employment, Monday to Friday, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
- Extended Group Insurance, including medical and dental benefits
- Brand new state of the art facilities with onsite parking
- Education and tuition reimbursement and in-house training and certifications
- Growing business offering long-term career development
- Team-oriented family culture
Your day as a Marine Systems Technician may include:
- Installing engines, windows, bilges, arches, fuel systems, decks, T-tops, batteries, pumps, tubes, safety gear, and other components.
- Completing service, maintenance, and refits on customer boats.
- Troubleshooting issues and solving problems that may arise during installations, and correcting deficiencies that are identified during quality control checks, sea trials, and other inspections.
- Preparing vessels for sea trials and deliveries and setting up trailers and loading/unloading vessels.
- Conducting quality control checks to ensure all work is done to Titan’s standards.
To learn more about this role and what your day may hold, be sure to review the full Job Description.
What will make you successful?
- Minimum 2 years of recent experience in marine systems/electrical systems is required.
- ABYC Marine Systems Certification preferred.
- NMEA Installer Training (MEI, NMEA 2000, AMEI, etc.) preferred.
- Mercury Outboard Certified Technician or Yamaha Maintenance Certification is an asset.
- Experience with the principles, techniques, and practices involved in the installation, maintenance, repair, and alteration of marine plumbing, hydraulic, bilge, fuel systems, marine electrical and electro-mechanical systems.
- Experience with boat building and the technical knowledge of associated drawings and specifications.
- Knowledge of electrical safety standards and techniques.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints and schematics, recognize problems through troubleshooting, and resolve systems issues.
- Ability to operate the equipment and tools applicable to the position.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to troubleshoot and problem-solve.
- Strong communication skills with written and oral fluency in English.
- Ability to reach above head height, stand, walk, kneel, bend, and reach
Who is Titan Boats?
Titan Boats, a leading manufacturer of rigid hull inflatable boats located on Vancouver Island in Sidney, BC, is the result of over 20 years of dedication to developing the finest vessels of their type. The company has expanded its production line to include conventional aluminum vessels utilizing a modified hull form developed from successful principles of the Titan Rigid Hull Inflatables. Through its line of aluminum boats, the company has been steadily building a reputation for performance combined with a commitment to exceptional quality. They are known for their tough, durable, and quality-engineered boats which are used for patrol, enforcement, and interdiction.
How to Apply:
After reviewing the full Job Description, qualified applicants are encouraged to apply in confidence to TallSky Consulting with a resume that indicates how you meet the requirements of this position.
TallSky is committed to supporting our clients in building inclusive cultures that embrace differences. Our approach reflects professional employment equity practices, and we believe in celebrating each candidate’s uniqueness. Diverse teams learn how to communicate respectfully, deliver more innovative solutions, and are better positioned for long-term success.
This opportunity will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. We thank all applicants who apply; however, after initial acknowledgment, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.