Website The Society of Saint Vincent de Paul of Vancouver Island
Opportunity to make a meaningful contribution and make a difference in the day to day lives of people in your community
On behalf of our client Society of Saint Vincent de Paul of Vancouver Island we have a rewarding opportunity for a Food Pantry Coordinator to join their Social Concern Office team in Victoria, BC. Reporting to the Social Concern Office Program Manager, the Food Pantry Coordinator is responsible for coordinating the day-to-day operations of the Food Pantry including receiving orders, product checks, inventory management, logistics, food safety procedures.
Do you have an interest in food security and want to impact those affected by poverty? Have been looking for that role that will allow you to make a meaningful contribution and make a difference in the day to day lives of people in your community? Do you excel at developing strong relationships and respond well to a diverse group of people? Do you enjoy the variety of physical and administrative work? If this sounds interesting, it may be the perfect opportunity for you to contribute and truly make a difference working with this incredible organization!
To learn more about this role and what your day may hold, be sure to review the full Job Description.
Society of Saint Vincent de Paul offers:
- Competitive salary of $24.49 – $25.59/hour commensurate with your experience and reviewed annually.
- Group Insurance, including a medical and dental benefit plan (cost-sharing).
- Pension plan.
- A flexible work environment with a generous wellness program.
- Support for continuing professional development.
- 14 stats including Easter Monday, Christmas Eve and Boxing Day.
- A socially responsible and inclusive culture in a successful community enterprise.
Our ideal Food Pantry Coordinator brings the following:
- High School Education.
- Minimum 1 year of recent relevant experience in a supervisory position, preferably in a volunteer driven environment.
- Previous experience in a food bank or food service industry is preferred.
- Current Food Safe I certificate, and WHIMS required (training available).
- Experience working with a pallet jack an asset.
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office Suites.
These Skills and Abilities will help you thrive:
- Knowledge of WorkSafe BC health and safety protocols and willingness to use all required personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Sensitivity to working with a diverse population of volunteers and participants.
- Experience working in a physically demanding environment including but not limited to working within enclosed spaces, at heights, and within changing environmental conditions.
- Strong organizational and communication skills, fluent in English, both verbal and written.
- Team player who can work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
- An ability to work well under pressure and competing priorities.
- A clean Drivers Abstract is required.
- Clearance letter from the Ministry of Justice vulnerable sector is required (application will be submitted by the society).
- Physically fit.
About Society of Saint Vincent de Paul:
The Society of Saint Vincent de Paul of Vancouver Island has been supporting people in need on Vancouver Island since 1916. Focused on impacting the lives of people affected by poverty, the Society offers emergency relief services while maintaining a focus and commitment to addressing the root causes that contribute to poverty in our communities. Through a variety of programs, the Society provides support through affordable housing, a food pantry, home visit program, day program for persons with developmental disabilities and thrift stores providing clothing and household items to those in need, to name a few.
Society St. Vincent de Paul is committed to cultivating an inclusive, fair, equitable and diverse culture. They welcome applicants of all race, ethnicity, gender, orientation, sexual identity, economic class, ability, disability, age, religious beliefs or disbeliefs, or status. They believe that diverse perspectives and backgrounds are what make us better, and they look forward to welcoming your unique strengths to their team.
How to Apply:
If this opportunity sounds like a good fit for you, we encourage you to view the Job Description for this role, and to submit a covering letter, resume, and salary expectations to TallSky Consulting.
This opportunity will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. We thank all applicants who apply; however, after initial acknowledgment, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.