Website Cork & Barrel Spirit Merchants
A full-time opportunity in Oak Bay where you will provide leadership to the team and oversight of the evening and weekend operations.
Our client, Cork & Barrel Spirit Merchants has a new opportunity for an Evening and Weekend Supervisor in their store located in the heart of Oak Bay. Reporting to the Store Manager, this full-time position works alongside the management team to provide leadership to the team and oversight of the evening and weekend operations of the store.
Are you a motivated self-starter with a passion for service excellence and looking to develop a career in the liquor retail industry? Do you have a background in hospitality and possess product knowledge of wine, beer and/or spirits? Does the idea of working in a team-based environment that is establishing best practices in the industry excite you? If you answered yes to these questions, you may the candidate we are looking for!
About Cork & Barrel Spirit Merchants
Cork & Barrel is a locally owned and operated liquor retailer in Victoria BC. Since our first day in business, we’ve been bringing the best selection of products and merchandise to our customers. Our name has become synonymous with quality throughout the entire Victoria area, and we do our best to ensure a permanent variety of fantastic items along with unique limited edition and seasonal items. Led by a strong, inclusive leader that is committed to staff education and development, our team possesses a vast array of product knowledge, experience, and passion for the industry.
As an Evening and Weekend Supervisor you will be:
- Building overall customer relations and maintaining a high level of customer confidence.
- Acting as the primary buyer of product by ordering, receiving, and managing an inventory of products through a strategic sales lens, and according to annual budget.
- Developing and implementing an ongoing marketing strategy and online presence.
- Ensuring all products are merchandised in a clear and creative manner.
- Managing a small dynamic team and maintaining records that pertain to store operations.
- Creating a store schedule to ensure the store is adequately staffed.
- Ensuring that the total store operation is always kept to a high standard of cleanliness.
Please review the full Job Description to learn more.
- Must be 19+ years of age
- Serving It Right certification is required
- 1-2 years supervisory experience
- Product knowledge of wine, beer and/or spirits
- WSET certification is considered an asset
- Energetic, positive and leads by example to motivate others
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills
- Passion for working in customer service environment with an organized and professional approach
- Basic computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Capable of lifting 20+ pounds worth of material
- Availability to work weekends/evening shifts
Cork and Barrel offers competitive compensation and benefits including extended health and dental coverage, paid time-off, a central location in the heart of Oak Bay, onsite parking and will support on-going education in hospitality beverage for the successful applicant.
How to Apply:
If you are motivated by retail service excellence and have a passion for supporting a results-driven team, read the Job Description to learn more and then apply in confidence to TallSky Consulting with a resume that outlines how your experience meets the requirements of this position.
We thank all candidates who apply; however, after initial acknowledgement of application, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.