Website StarFish Medical
In this new role will provide system level analysis for a variety of projects, plus propose, define, and conduct simulations to guide the design and development of medical devices.
StarFish Medical has a new opportunity for a Computational Analysis Lead in Victoria, BC. Reporting to the Mechanical Engineering Manager and working closely with the engineering, business development and project management teams, the Computational Analysis Lead will provide system level analysis for a variety of projects, plus propose, define, and conduct simulations to guide the design and development of medical devices.
As a primary lead on maintaining the vision for project analysis, you will work in cross-functional collaboration with both internal and external stakeholders in building out this significant capability within the organization. Working both independently and as part of multi-disciplinary teams, you frequently work on multiple tasks concurrently with minimal supervision and are responsible for assessing project needs and proposing solutions to guide engineering decisions.
This position offers the possibility of exciting growth opportunities to adopt the oversight of the analysis team members.
Do you have a solid technical understanding of mechanical systems coupled with relevant simulation experience that uses advanced computational fluid dynamics and finite element methods? Are you a self-motivated team player that prides themselves on their adaptability and flexibility? Do you bring out-of-the box thinking with the drive to figure things out? If you have answered “yes”, we encourage you to keep reading.
StarFish Medical will offer you:
- An award-winning company culture with strong guiding principles, and a tight-knit, collaborative engineering team.
- Profit sharing.
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent benefits package.
- Monthly All-hands meetings.
- Active social committee with events that happen both during the workday and outside of work hours.
- 50% BC Transit cost-sharing in Victoria.
- Shower facilities for midday runs or biking to work. Galloping Goose access is close by.
- Free parking on-site or around the premises.
Responsibilities of the Computational Analysis Lead include:
- Lead the assessment of project needs and propose FEA and/or CFD based solutions to guide engineering project decisions.
- Conduct CFD and FEA analyses using simulation best practices, evaluate the results through formal verification following relevant standards.
- Generate simulation testing plans, verification, and technical reports.
- Partner with Business Development to identify and transfer new activities into the company.
- Maintain regular client and team communication to ensure internal and external alignment throughout projects.
- Provide ownership of development tasks and collaborate cross-functionally to ensure appropriate resources are allocated to projects while adhering to project budget and timelines.
- Support for the definition and guidance of team strategy related to analysis, identifying, and understanding business opportunities, building expertise and capability, defining internal processes and team growth.
- Spearhead innovation and best practices for both the team and products; identifying potential process improvements and drive changes to successful adoption.
- Participate in building and training the simulation group team members, develop internal processes and update our quality management system.
Our ideal candidate brings:
- An advanced engineering degree in mechanical engineering, aerospace engineering, chemical engineering, or similar equivalent experience.
- 5+ years’ experience in an analysis role with relevant simulation experience using advanced computational fluid dynamics and finite element methods.
- Demonstrated experience with ANSYS, Fluent, CFX and SolidWorks (CAD).
- Strong knowledge in solid mechanics, fluid mechanics, heat transfer, aerodynamic and/or other thermo-fluid systems.
- Proven ability to think at a system level and capable of defining simulation approach with experience instructing and guiding others on complex, deeply technical topics.
- Excellent communication and client management skills with the capacity to present analysis and recommendations in both verbal and/or written forms.
- Experience in dynamic, high growth, regulated environments, preferably in technology industries.
- Proactive and results-oriented, coupled with a forward thinking, can-do attitude with the ability to thrive in environment of ambiguity and uncertainty.
- Highly detail-oriented and data-driven with the ability to challenge assumptions and influence business decisions.
- Previous experience working in a consulting environment and/ or possessing project management skills are considered assets.
If this opportunity excites you and you would love to be part of the innovation, excitement, and award-winning culture found at StarFish Medical, we encourage you to apply! Please apply through the StarFish Medical Careers Portal.
If you experience any difficulties with the StarFish Medical Job Portal, please reach out to email@example.com with the subject line “Computational Analysis Lead | Job Portal Issue”.
We thank all candidates who apply; however, after initial acknowledgement, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.ca.