Website The Society of Saint Vincent de Paul of Vancouver Island
Opportunity to join the collaborative and welcoming team at the Frederic Ozanam Centre in their Community Inclusion Program for adults with diverse abilities.
Our client, The Society of Saint Vincent de Paul of Vancouver Island, has a new opportunity for an energetic and creative Community Support Worker to join the collaborative and welcoming team at the Frederic Ozanam Centre in their Community Inclusion Program for adults with diverse abilities. This full-time opportunity works alongside a dedicated team of Community Support Workers to support participants with diverse abilities with the activities of daily living including personal, social, physical, recreational, vocational, and educational needs.
In this meaningful role you will utilize your robust knowledge of theory, principles, and practices in the care of persons with diverse abilities and your positive and friendly attitude to support participants in helping them to achieve their life goals.
To learn more about this role and what your day may hold, be sure to review the full Job Description.
Society of Saint Vincent de Paul offers:
- Competitive salary of $21.25 – $23.33/hour commensurate with your experience and reviewed annually.
- Employer paid Group Insurance, including a medical and dental benefit plan.
- Pension plan.
- 3 Weeks of vacation.
- Support for continuing professional development.
- 14 statutory holidays including Easter Monday, Christmas Eve, and Boxing Day.
- A socially responsible and inclusive culture in a successful community enterprise.
Our ideal Community Support Worker brings:
- Diploma in Human/Social Services field, or a combination of education, training, and experience.
- A minimum of 2 years of recent related experience supporting individuals with diverse abilities.
- Certificate in First Aid with CPR and AED.
- Training will be provided to obtain the required Certificate in Medication Administration.
- Experience providing personal care (feeding, toileting, etc.).
- Experience working in a group and in one-on-one settings.
- Direct program delivery experience in the community social services sector with a demonstrated working knowledge of community-based programs and related provincial and community support is preferred.
These Skills and Abilities will help you thrive:
- Ability to work respectfully with individuals with diverse abilities.
- Knowledge of theory, principles, and practices in the care of persons with diverse abilities
- A positive and friendly attitude and strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Team player who can work effectively independently and as part of team.
- A Ministry of Justice Vulnerable Sector Clearance Letter is required prior to hiring.
- Direct delivery program activities will require a moderate level of physical fitness.
- A clean Driver’s Abstract and a Class 4 unrestricted driver’s license are preferred.
- The Frederic Ozanam Center is under a Public Health Order (PHO). All applicants must be fully vaccinated as defined by the PHO.
The Society of St. Vincent de Paul is committed to cultivating an inclusive, fair, equitable and diverse culture. They welcome applicants of every race, ethnicity, gender, orientation, sexual identity, economic class, ability, disability, age, religious beliefs or disbeliefs, or status. They believe that diverse perspectives and backgrounds are what make us better, and they look forward to welcoming your unique strengths to their team.
How to Apply:
TallSky is committed to supporting our clients in building inclusive cultures that embrace differences. Our approach reflects professional employment equity practices, and we believe in celebrating each candidate’s uniqueness. Diverse teams learn how to communicate respectfully, deliver more innovative solutions and are better positioned for long-term success.
This position will remain open until it is filled. We thank all applicants; however, after initial acknowledgement, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.