Website Pearson College UWC
Opportunity for a creative Annual Giving Manager to champion the College’s short and long-term fundraising goals.
On behalf of our client, Pearson College UWC, we are searching for an Annual Giving Manager to join their Advancement and External Relations team in Victoria, BC.
Reporting to the Director of Advancement and External Relations, the Annual Giving Manager is a creative and driven leader that thrives in engaging and inspiring a community of alumni and supporters to champion the vision for the College’s short- and long-term fundraising goals. You will lead a small but mighty team to develop and execute strategies that increase donor retention, acquisition, engagement, and oversight of their annual giving program. This includes supporting the College’s existing $40 million ‘Renew and Re-found’ campaign to reach its final goal.
Do you bring a passion for developing and writing compelling and creative content and stories to promote annual giving strategies that support the organization’s fundraising goals and priorities? Do you enjoy managing the production and implementation of tactics to increase donor retention, acquisition, and engagement? Are you a proven leader with a track record of building collaborative relationships with funders, donors, sponsors, and volunteers to achieve measurable results? If this sounds like you, we encourage you to review the full Job Description to learn more about this exciting opportunity.
What makes Pearson College a great employer:
- Competitive salary commensurate with your experience, reviewed annually.
- Flexible schedule with the opportunity to consider a hybrid work arrangement.
- 3 Weeks’ annual vacation plus additional paid time off between Christmas and New Year.
- Comprehensive Benefits plan (extended health and dental coverage).
- Matching RRSP program.
- Onsite meal program.
- Beautiful waterfront campus located on Pedder Bay in Metchosin with access to hiking trails, kayak use, and other outdoor activities.
- A culture that is actively committed to Anti-Racism, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in our living, learning and work environments. In pursuit of our values, we seek individuals who will work respectfully and constructively with differences and across levels of privilege and power. We actively encourage applications from members of groups experiencing barriers to equity.
What will make the Annual Giving Manager successful:
- Post-secondary degree in communications, marketing, business, public relations, or an equivalent combination of training, experience, and professional affiliation.
- 4+ years’ experience in supporting fundraising activities and writing related materials.
- Demonstrated skill in compelling storytelling and concise writing skills with experience creating appeals, proposals, and reports.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills, including presentations.
- Proven ability with evidence-based decision making to conceive, execute and evaluate programs that enhance fundraising and donor engagement.
- Demonstrated ability to independently organize and prioritize multiple tasks, and plan and achieve established goals.
- Strong collaborative and interpersonal skills with the ability to lead, motivate, inspire, and work effectively with individuals and groups, especially volunteers.
- Demonstrated attention to detail.
- Initiative – ability to work independently.
- Computer software proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite of programs.
About Pearson College:
Founded as Lester B. Pearson College of the Pacific and United World College (Canada) in 1974, Pearson College UWC is one of eighteen UWC schools worldwide. Pearson is a unique, highly selective, two-year pre-university school for up to 200 students from across Canada and around the world chosen solely on their promise and potential and demonstrated commitment to actively engage in creating a better world. Students currently are selected from nearly 160 countries.
Pearson College UWC is privileged to learn, work, and live on the traditional territory of the Sc’ianew (Beecher Bay) First Nation.
How to apply:
If this opportunity sounds like a good fit for you, we encourage you to review the full Job Description, and to submit a covering letter, resume, and salary expectations to TallSky Consulting.
This opportunity will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. We thank all applicants; however, after initial acknowledgment, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.