Meet our experienced team of highly reputable HR professionals based in Victoria, BC, serving Vancouver Island:
Eileen Harper, B.Sc., CHRP
Eileen brings clients over 28 years of experience in strategic human resources and communications in both the public and private sectors, with expertise across a broad range of occupations. Eileen has led recruitment of over 250 executive and staff positions; counselled executive in a wide array of HR matters; and enjoys working with TallSky’s talented team of HR professionals in providing excellent HR advice and services.
Eileen is an active member of the BC Human Resources Management Association (BCHRMA), holds her CPHR designation, is a member of the Steering Committee for the Diploma in Public Relations at the University of Victoria, and is currently Past-President of the Victoria Hospice Society. In addition, Eileen has a degree in Biochemistry/Microbiology.
Eileen’s preferred areas of practice:
- Executive Search
- Staff Recruitment
- Organizational Design
- Non-Profit HR Advisory Services
- HR Problem Solving
- Communications and Advertising Writing
With more than 25 years of Human Resources and operational leadership experience in the private sector, Kerri has brought her enthusiasm and skills to a range of organizations in both executive and volunteer capacities. Her experience in operations management and financial planning, combined with a passion for employee engagement and retention has contributed to Kerri’s successful involvement with both start-up and established national organizations.
Kerri focuses on delivering results by bringing diverse groups together, in a balance of both team and business objectives. By building collaborative relationships, mentoring leaders and through conflict resolution, Kerri provides innovative HR applications as part of the customized strategies she brings to her clients.
Kerri’s areas of expertise:
- Strategic HR Leadership
- Recruitment & Retention
- Employee Engagement
- Talent Planning
- Performance Management
- Coaching & Communication Strategies
- HR Problem Solving
Belinda McLaughlin, B.A.
With a successful career in business and public sector human resources, Belinda brings extensive experience as an HR generalist and stellar writing expertise, working with public and private sectors.
Belinda’s preferred areas of practice:
- Organizational Design and Classification/Pre-Classification
- Job Description Creation, Recruitment and Selection
- Performance Management
- Organization-specific HR policy making
Elizabeth has been active in the Victoria business community for more than 20 years, providing expertise in human resources, administration, finance and payroll with private sector organizations, including Education, Finance, Transportation, Manufacturing and Hospitality. She is enthusiastic about providing excellent customer service for her clients, and adept at supporting a variety of projects in the workplace. With a strong background in corporate support services, she recognizes the demands of business operations and the importance of positive employee relations.
Elizabeth’s areas of expertise:
- Staff Recruitment
- Compensation and Benefits
- Employment Contracts
Ian Harper, B.Sc., DKM, MBA
Senior Management Consultant
Ian brings over 25 years of experience in high-tech business start-ups and entrepreneurship as well as senior level public sector (Crown Corporation, resource sector) experience in strategic financial management, policy development and documentation, and staff empowerment techniques. Previously, Ian was a contributor to the development and legislative frameworks for several tax-credit incentive-based venture capital programs. Ian has extensive experience in developing risk management frameworks, implementing financial control systems, and is a skilled financial strategist. Ian holds a BSc (Honours with Distinction) in Health Information Science, a Graduate Diploma in Knowledge Management, and an MBA with a focus on strategic management and corporate finance.
Example experience leading:
- value assessments of Alternative Service Delivery contracts (end-of-term assessments, environmental assessments, business cases, RFI/RFQ/RFP variants)
- project management for large-scale IT system implementation
- legislative development to support tax policy and other public policy objectives
- private sector merger/acquisition consultation/negotiations
- executive level budget development, analysis, and management reporting
- international regulatory compliance for the securities industry
- risk management, accountability frameworks, governance frameworks
Ian’s current consulting practice is built on a career that has included clients in both the public and private sector as well as holding senior roles in the private sector, BC government line ministries, and a Crown corporation.
In recent engagements, Ian has:
- facilitated procurement processes with values to over $200 million
- led projects that managed or regulated both private and public dollars ranging in value from $30 million to $80 million annually
- project managed IT installations with initial capital costs in excess of $2 million
- assessed terms for several merger/acquisition transactions, performed business valuations, and advised on corporate start-up requirements
Ian has developed strong functional relationships with the provincial government, the federal government, health authorities, and several organizations in both the not-for-profit and the private sectors.
Michelle Cooper, CPHR
Senior HR Consultant
Michelle has over 25 years experience in public and private enterprises, start-up and rapid growth ventures and organizations in transition, including: Health Care, Software Development, Finance, Biotechnology, Manufacturing and Fibre Optics. Committed to excellence, she delivers strategic, custom-tailored Human Resources solutions to organizations wanting to move beyond the status quo. Michelle holds a Graduate Certificate in Human Resources Management from Royal Roads University and is also an active member of the Chartered Professionals in Human Resources Management Association (BC & Yukon). Michelle is an MBTI certified facilitator and is pursuing coaching certification through the ICF.
Michelle’s preferred areas of practice:
- Compensation & Benefits Planning & Research
- Recruitment & Selection
- Coaching & Leadership Development
- HR expertise supporting the unique requirements of BC’s First Nations