FTS Forest Technology Systems
On behalf of our client, FTS Forest Technology Systems, we have a great opportunity for a Software Developer within their Engineering team. Reporting to the Software Manager, the Software Developer is responsible for writing, testing, debugging, and documenting code, as well as participating in new-product software architecture design. In this role you will be working closely with the rest of the research and development team to develop new product offerings and improve existing ones. Products range from SaaS services to mobile applications or embedded software on remote stations.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering or Computer Science, or related degree.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years recent, related experience in software development, preferably in a high-tech software or software/hardware environment.
- Firm grasp of software creation and debug/test methodologies.
- Familiarity with modern development tools (Git, ticket tracking software).
- Excellent experience in Application Development (Java, SQL, Embedded Linux Development).
Ideally (but not absolutely required) you also bring experience with:
- Software Tracking and Documentation (JIRA, Confluence, BitBucket).
- Version Control / Git.
- Database Architecture and Design (SQL, MySQL, MongoDB).
- Mobile Development (iOS, Android, Cordova, Ionic 3, Angular 2, TypeScript).
- Familiarity with environmental monitoring challenges and solutions.
Please see the Job Description to learn about the finer details of this position.
FTS – Forest Technology Systems Ltd. is a world leader in the design, manufacture and service of rugged, easy-to-use, environmental monitoring systems that help monitor the world’s remote natural environments. FTS is a growing, privately-held Victoria-based company committed to industry leading excellence in our industry.
FTS develops, manufactures and sells data loggers, data collection and analysis software, sensors, and telemetry systems for remote sites that do meteorological, hydrological and fire/weather monitoring. Our mission is to make our customers successful in their efforts to monitor, record and analyze changes in the natural environment.
FTS offers a rewarding work environment with like-minded professionals, an excellent post-hiring training program; and a competitive salary with an excellent benefits package.
How to Apply:
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org with a resume and covering letter that includes your salary expectations and indicates how your education and experience meet each of the requirements of this position.
We thank all applicants who apply; however only those selected for consideration will be contacted.
Job Ad: FTS Software Developer Ad
Job Description: FTS Software Developer JD Jan 2019