Manager of Mechanical Engineering
Victoria, BC or Toronto, ON
StarFish Medical is seeking a talented Manager of Mechanical Engineering for our growing company. Reporting to the Director of Product Development, this position defines and maintains the vision for the Mechanical Engineering product development functions at StarFish. Leading by example, you will be responsible for building capabilities and developing/mentoring team members. This position will focus primarily on managing the team and products, but will also spend time in business development – being creative, working directly with our clients and shaping projects.
Some Key Responsibilities:
- Hire, lead, develop, motivate and mentor an exceptionally talented and engaged group of Mechanical engineers
- Take ownership of assigned product development tasks and work closely with project managers to ensure that appropriate resources are allocated to projects and that development tasks are completed on time and on budget
- Lead effective design reviews, identify risks and create risk mitigation plans, analyze complex problems to determine root causes
- Own sections of Quality Management System related to the function: create, edit, train and guide compliance for documents, spearheading innovation and best practices for the team and products
- Identify potential process improvements and drive changes to successful adoption while inspiring greatness in the work of the functional team and the company as a whole.
Our Ideal Candidate brings:
- A Bachelors or Masters degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience
- Experience in mechanical engineering product development, ideally in electromechanical devices
- Prior experience managing highly integrated, product development projects with a proven track record of delivering high quality releases
- Demonstrated experience with and a deep understanding of the full product development life cycle
- Demonstrated experience managing, developing, motivating and mentoring mechanical engineering teams
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational, leadership, decision-making, and relationship skills
- Experience working in a regulated environment (ISO 13485, FDA, etc.)
- Experience working in a consulting environment and experience developing mechanical solutions for high-end medical devices
StarFish Medical is Canada’s premier medical device development group, an integrated team of 100+ technical product development professionals who work on device design projects for North American and international customers.
You could be working in the heart of Toronto, Ontario, or in beautiful Victoria, BC, where visitors are immediately met with a smile and open concept offices. The working environment is filled with both a sense of driven scientific and engineering excellence, and also genuine employee engagement and transparency that is truly meaningful.
StarFish offers a collegial, creative and casual working environment. In a recent survey, our employees rated: peers and culture, interesting and meaningful work, and working conditions (flexibility, environment) as the top reasons they most enjoyed working at StarFish.
Please see the Job Description to learn about the finer details of this position. Salary will be commensurate with skills and experience, and a benefits and profit sharing package are included.
How to Apply:
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 30, 2018 with a resume and covering letter that clearly indicates which position you wish to be considered for, your salary expectations, and describes exactly how your education and experience meet each of the requirements of this position.
We thank all applicants who apply; however only those selected for consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Position Ad: StarFish Manager Mech Engineering Ad
Job Description: StarFish Manager of Mechanical Engineering JD
Client Website: StarFish Medical