Website CAVU Designwerks
CAVU Designwerks is a global provider of game changing ride systems and amusement attractions that you will find in major theme parks around the world. We are searching high and low for that one in a million creative Project Manager with blue sky development experience. This position could potentially be based in Victoria, Vancouver, or elsewhere in Western Canada, if open to travel.
Are you dreaming of a once in a lifetime opportunity to join an engineering team that has broken the barrier time and time again, creating incredible success for their clients, and memories for millions?
Before reading any further, we strongly encourage you to see the incredible types of projects you will be managing as a Project Manager at CAVU: www.cavudw.com Then, you will understand why our Project Manager needs to have at least 8 years of creative project management experience in mechanical and electrical engineering environments.
Do you have the ability to look at a machine and then reinvent it so that it does amazing things that no one has thought of? Do you have the strong Project Management experience to make it happen?
If chosen to fill this enviable role, you will have overall management responsibility for one of CAVU’s largest projects, serving as the point-person for quality, ensuring all project timelines are met, that budgets are achieved, and all while serving as the primary spokesperson for the project.
And if that’s not enough, here are 8 more great reasons to consider a career at CAVU:
- You will be joining a small and dynamic company that is agile and there’s not a lot of bureaucratic red tape to cut through.
- You will have direct access to the management team because we work as one team with no middle managers. You learn directly from the best.
- We are an energetic team who is passionate about their work and creative to be around.
- You will have opportunities for personal growth and learning as you will be exposed to different facets of the industry with diverse responsibilities.
- We offer flexibility for work schedules. CAVU employees can build a schedule that fits with their needs and lifestyle.
- Our environment is interesting and challenging. Each day will bring new challenges because the projects are so unique.
- Your contribution has visible impact. We are a small team, it’s easy to see how your work translates into a tangible product for our clients.
- It’s the entertainment industry. We create amusement rides that make memories for millions of people so this job is fun!
What do you bring?
- At least 8 years of recent, related experience as a creative blue sky Project Manager, responsible for engineering projects of significant size, complexity and scope. This will include experience managing major projects from contract negotiation through to contract completion, project management scheduling, vendor and personnel management, and project financial management and foresight.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, and/or MBA. In depth knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems is required. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Formal and demonstrated project management experience, with a PMP certification is ideal.
- Proficiency in MS Project and MS Office (including Excel and Word).
Who are you?
- You pride yourself on being a forward-thinking project manager who possesses a strong engineering background in order to manage technical specifications?
- You are highly organized, committed to quality work, and unflappable under pressure.
- You always keep your client’s needs, concerns, and goals in mind as you work with the technical team to complete projects.
- You build strong relationships and go the extra mile to ensure your clients are kept informed and up-to-date.
If this sounds like you, and this unique opportunity excites you, then we encourage you review the full Job Description to find out more. If chosen to fill this role, you could potentially be based in Victoria, Vancouver, or elsewhere in Western Canada, if open to travel.
How to Apply:
If you know you will excel in this position, then you will want to take the time to write a cover letter explaining how your experience as a blue sky developer and Project Manager makes you the ideal candidate for this position. Forward it along with you resume in confidence to email@example.com in order to be considered for this exciting role.
We thank all applicants who apply; however only those selected for consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.