Website Victoria Foundation
The Philanthropic Services Administrator performs a variety of administrative and clerical tasks that advance the team’s effectiveness and efficiency.
On behalf of our client, Victoria Foundation, we are searching for an experienced Philanthropic Services Administrator who will play a key role in the integration of various strategies across the Foundation as they continue to work together to inspire giving, achieve impact and ensure a sustainable future for the Foundation and the charitable organizations and donors they serve.
This wonderful position will be relied upon to perform a variety of administrative and clerical tasks that advance the team’s effectiveness and efficiency. Duties of the Philanthropic Services Administrator include providing direct support to both the Director and Manager of Philanthropic Services, assisting in the daily needs of the office, and managing the team’s general administrative activities
Do you have a love for supporting the non-profit sector and helping people engage with the causes they care about? Are you at your best when working as part of a dynamic results-driven team? Have you been complimented for your ability to multi-task in high-level administrative functions? Would you relish the opportunity to increase the effectiveness and efficiency of a team in a face-paced environment? If you answered “yes”, and you’ve been searching for a career opportunity that capitalizes on your can-do attitude, your sense of humour, and strong communication skills, then we encourage you to keep reading about this unique opportunity.
The right candidate will join a highly reputable and long-standing charitable organization with deep roots in the Greater Victoria community – and increasingly, throughout British Columbia and Canada. The Victoria Foundation has a vision to make our community stronger, and our shared quality of life better now, and for the long term. By connecting visionary donors with causes that truly matter, they make positive changes in Greater Victoria and in communities across B.C. and Canada. And they have been doing so since 1936
Why join Victoria Foundation?
- You will be joining an organization with a long-standing reputation for connecting people who care with causes that matter, and you will be an active and valued member of the Victoria Foundation Team.
- You will be joining a collaborative team environment where comradery across departments is celebrated.
- You will be working with like-minded professionals who inspire giving and are passionate about helping donors make meaningful gifts to their community.
- Victoria Foundations offers competitive wages and benefits, particularly considering their non-profit status.
- Simply put, no two days will be alike!
Victoria Foundation is committed to ensuring a diverse and inclusive environment as an equal opportunity employer. We believe it is our unique and individual differences that make us strong; and this is also a reflection of the communities we care for and serve.
If you consider yourself a master multi-tasker, skilled communicator, who is passionate about supporting senior management, and you love building solid relationships, investing in people, ideas and activities that strengthen communities then we encourage you to review the full Job Description to learn more, and to apply!
Our ideal Philanthropic Services Administrator:
- Post-secondary diploma in office administration or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- A minimum of 3 years of recent, related administrative support experience, including project coordination.
- Strong computer skills with the ability to quickly learn new software.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills are required particularly Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Publisher.
- Knowledge of the charitable sector.
- Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge.
- Experience working with database systems and report creation.
- Experience in donor relations program administration is an asset.
- High level of organizational skills, attention to detail and problem-solving skills are critical to the role.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proactive problem solver, solution oriented, and displays sound decision-making and judgment and a positive, “can do” attitude.
- Understanding of the importance of confidentiality and the privacy and protection of personal information.
- Ability and desire to work independently and collaboratively with the Philanthropic Services team and other departments within the Foundation.
- Sound judgment, customer service orientation and a sense of humour are characteristics that will contribute to success in being an integral part of a team that develops long-term relationships with donors, their families, their advisors, and charitable organizations that partner with the Victoria Foundation.
How to Apply:
After reviewing the Job Description qualified applicants are encouraged to apply in confidence to TallSky Consulting with a resume and covering letter that indicates how you meet the requirements of this position.
We thank all applicants who apply; however, after initial acknowledgment, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.