A 23-year-old client with diverse abilities
A permanent, part-time opportunity for an energetic and upbeat Personal Companion and Coach to support our friendly and outgoing client.
We have a new permanent Part-Time opportunity in Duncan, BC, for an energetic and upbeat Personal Companion and Coach to support an outgoing and social 23-year-old man with diverse abilities. You will be working in a private residence and assisting our client with all the activities of daily living including personal, social, physical, and recreational activities. Days of work are Fridays, Saturdays, and statutory holidays, and the daytime hours are 6-8 hours per day.
No prior experience in a Personal Companion and Coach role is required as training is provided. But what is required is a zest for life, excellent communication skills, positive and friendly attitude, strong desire to learn, warmth and empathy. If you are reliable, committed, fun, upbeat, patient, caring, organized and focused, you will thrive in this role!
A little about our client:
Our client is an outgoing and social young man who is very easy to work with (his full-time support worker has supported him for 10 years!) and he really enjoys an upbeat and positive attitude. He benefits from a highly structured schedule filled with both activity and leisure time, and his life is scheduled around activities that are designed to maximize independence and encourage responsibility and participation.
What could your day include?
- A lot of variety!
- Interesting conversations
- Transporting him to appointments and activities
- Helping him experience diverse physical and social activities (his current favourites are playing bocce, bowling, swimming and going to the train) but he would love to experience your favourite activities as well!
- Helping him make new connections in the community
- Overseeing his chores and assisting in him with shopping, meal preparation, and baking
- Helping him plan and achieve his life goals
Our client offers:
- Salary of $30/hour commensurate with your experience and reviewed annually
- A permanent part-time position; 6 – 8 hours per day every Friday, Saturday, and on statutory holidays
- The training and support required to thrive in this role.
Our ideal Personal Companion and Coach:
- Ability to communicate well with others.
- Upbeat, calm, flexible, positive, and encouraging.
- Experience with task management and goal setting and meeting both standards and deliverables.
- Ability to take constructive feedback and work collaboratively to problem solve.
- Patient, caring, with a real desire to see others succeed.
- Reliable, self-starter, self-managed, and solution oriented.
- Demonstrated history of working to a very high standard.
- While prior experience supporting an individual with diverse abilities with all the activities of daily living and helping them to achieve their goals would be highly beneficial, the willingness and desire to learn and grow is key to this role, and training will be provided.
- Certificate in First Aid with CPR and AED will need to be obtained.
- Ability to work in a home environment.
- Strong physical ability and stamina are required to minimize the risk of injury as you will spend time standing, walking, and maneuvering our client with mobility issues.
- A Ministry of Justice Vulnerable Sector Clearance Letter and a Criminal Record Check is required prior to hiring.
- A clean Driver’s Abstract and vehicle is required.
How to Apply:
A resume does not clearly illustrate who you are as a person as it does not showcase the unique attributes you bring that would help you thrive in this role. So, a brief cover letter sharing why you are the right person for this role is highly recommended, along with your resume sent in confidence to TallSky Consulting.
This opportunity will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. We thank all applicants who apply; however, after initial acknowledgment, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.