Website Victoria Foundation
The Granting Initiatives Coordinator coordinates the Victoria Foundation’s discretionary granting program and builds relationships with non-profit organizations in our community.
On behalf of our client, Victoria Foundation, we are searching for an experienced Granting Initiatives Coordinator who will play a key role within the Victoria Foundation with a responsibility for coordinating the Foundation’s discretionary granting program and building relationships with non-profit organizations in our community.
The Granting Initiatives Coordinator will coordinate the day-to-day activities of the Community Grants program by designing the grant call to align with best practices in grantmaking and leading all aspects of the grant review process. The Coordinator will represent the Foundation in building relationships with non-profit organizations in our community. As part of the Strategic Initiatives portfolio, the Coordinator will administer other initiatives as appropriate, including special government funding programs.
Do you have a passion for supporting the non-profit sector and community development? Are you looking for that sought-after opportunity to demonstrate your leadership potential? Would you relish the opportunity to apply your experience managing multiple projects that inspire giving, achieve impact and ensure the sustainable future for charitable organizations and their donors? If you answered “yes”, and you have been searching for a career opportunity that also capitalizes on your authentic and engaging personality and impeccable communication skills, then we encourage you to keep reading.
The right candidate will be joining a highly reputable and long-standing charitable organization with deep roots in the Greater Victoria community – and increasingly, throughout British Columbia and Canada. The Victoria Foundation has a vision to make our community stronger, and our shared quality of life better now, and for the long term. By connecting visionary donors with causes that truly matter, they can make positive changes in Greater Victoria and in communities across B.C. and Canada. And they have been doing so since 1936
Why join Victoria Foundation?
- You will be joining an organization with a long-standing reputation for connecting people who care with causes that matter, and you will be an active and valued member of the Victoria Foundation Team.
- You will be joining a collaborative team environment where comradery across departments is celebrated.
- You will be working with like-minded professionals who inspire giving and are passionate about helping donors make meaningful gifts to their community.
- Victoria Foundations offers competitive wages and benefits, particularly considering their non-profit status.
- Simply put, no two days will be alike!
Victoria Foundation is committed to ensuring a diverse and inclusive environment as an equal opportunity employer. We believe it is our unique and individual differences that make us strong; and this is also a reflection of the communities we care for and serve.
If you consider yourself a talented facilitator with an understanding of and alignment with asset-based community development and, trust based philanthropy principles , and you love building positive relationships, and investing in people, ideas and activities that strengthen communities then we encourage you to review the full Job Description to learn more, and to apply!
Our ideal Granting Initiatives Coordinator:
- Post-secondary degree.
- At least 5 years of experience in the non-profit sector focused on community development or grant writing.
- A minimum of 2 years of recent related work experience associated with grantmaking.
- Experience supervising staff or contractors is preferred.
- Proficiency in Excel and other standard office software.
- Demonstrated understanding of asset-based community development approach.
- Exceptional research, critical thinking, and analysis skills.
- Superior communication abilities with a persuasive writing style and strong verbal skills with equally strong presentation and editing skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines while managing multiple projects with competing and changing priorities in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to supervise staff and ensure high performance standards.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintains strong, healthy, and collaborative relationships with diverse stakeholders both internally and externally.
- Proactive problem solver, solution oriented, displays sound decision-making and judgment; with a positive, “can do” attitude.
- Exemplifies a high level of professionalism, confidentiality, diplomacy and tact and ability to engage with a wide range of contacts.
- Demonstrated knowledge of granting best practices, trends, and principles of Trust-based philanthropy and grantmaking with an equity lens.
- Knowledge of social issues related to vulnerable populations and key demographics, as well as an appreciation of the intersectionality of race and culture.
- Knowledge of community issues such as the arts, environment, and social services in Greater Victoria
- Passion for supporting the non-profit sector and community development
How to Apply:
After reviewing the full Job Description, qualified applicants are encouraged to apply in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org with a resume and covering letter that indicates how you meet the requirements of this position.
Salary range: $58-$65K
- Employer paid Health and Extended Health Benefits
- Employer matching group RRSP
- Support for continuing professional development
- A combination of office based and remote work
We thank all applicants who apply; however, after initial acknowledgment, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.