Website Victoria Foundation
The Granting Initiatives Associate brings excellence in all aspects of administration to support the Victoria Foundation's Community Grants program.
On behalf of our client, Victoria Foundation, we are searching for an experienced Granting Initiative Associate to play a key role within the Victoria Foundation, focused on supporting the Foundation’s discretionary granting program and building relationships with non-profit organizations in our community.
The successful Granting Initiatives Associate will bring excellence in all aspects of administration to support the Community Grants program including grant inquiries, due diligence, application reviews and recommendations, and records management. They will also bring a post-secondary degree and experience associated with administrative support in the non-profit sector, or a similar combination of education, training, and experience
Do you have a passion for supporting the non-profit sector and community development? Are you at your best when you work as part of supporting a dynamic results-driven team? Would you relish the opportunity to apply your experience supporting multiple projects that inspire giving, achieve impact and ensure the sustainable future for charitable organizations and their donors? If you answered “yes”, and you have been searching for a career opportunity that also capitalizes on your passion for community and impeccable communication skills, then we encourage you to keep reading about this new opportunity.
This is truly a unique opportunity to join a highly reputable and long-standing charitable organization with deep roots in the Greater Victoria community – and increasingly, throughout British Columbia and Canada. The Victoria Foundation has a vision to make our community stronger, and our shared quality of life better now, and for the long term. By connecting visionary donors with causes that truly matter, they can make positive changes in Greater Victoria and in communities across B.C. and Canada. And they have been doing so since 1936
Why join Victoria Foundation?
- You will be joining an organization with a long-standing reputation for connecting people who care with causes that matter, and you will be an active and valued member of the Victoria Foundation team.
- You will be joining a collaborative team environment where comradery across departments is celebrated.
- You will be working with like-minded professionals who inspire giving and are passionate about helping donors make meaningful gifts to their community.
- Victoria Foundations offers competitive wages and benefits, particularly considering their non-profit status.
- Simply put, no two days will be alike!
Victoria Foundation is committed to ensuring a diverse and inclusive environment as an equal opportunity employer. We believe it is our unique and individual differences that make us strong; and this is also a reflection of the communities we care for and serve.
If you consider yourself a talented multi-tasker with strong administrative experience and an understanding of asset-based community development, and you love supporting teams to invest in people, ideas and activities that strengthen communities then we encourage you to review the full Job Description to learn more, and to apply!
Our ideal Granting Initiatives Associate:
- Post-secondary degree and a minimum of 3 years of recent, related office administrative experience.
- Experience working in a non-profit organization preferred.
- Experience in grants administration is also preferred.
- Demonstrated understanding of asset-based community development approach.
- Strong organizational skills, with ability to juggle multiple tasks at once, and attention to detail.
- Proficiency in Excel and other standard office software.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintains strong, healthy, and collaborative relationships with grant applicants, donors, and the public.
- Exemplifies a high level of professionalism, confidentiality, diplomacy and tact and ability to engage with a wide range of contacts.
- Ability and desire to work independently and as part of a collaborative professional team.
- Respect for listening, learning, and acting on reconciliation, diversity, equity, and inclusion
How to Apply:
After reviewing the Job Description, qualified applicants are encouraged to apply in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org with a resume and covering letter that indicates how you meet the requirements of this position.
We thank all applicants who apply; however, after initial acknowledgment, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.