Website Cascadia Liquor
Opportunity to play a major part in the growth of The Truffles Group by leading the opening of a new Cascadia Liquor location.
Would you love to play a leading role in opening a new Cascadia Liquor location? Our client, The Truffles Group, is searching for two General Managers (GMs) to open a new store in Royal Bay, and another in Port Alberni. Would you love to be part of their fun, fast-paced, dynamic company with a great culture and incredible benefits and perks? If you answered “yes”, keep reading!
In these full-time, permanent roles, you will play a major part in the growth of the company by leading the opening of a new Cascadia Liquor location (and multiple new locations are planned!). As a GM at Cascadia Liquor you will build a team, form a strong culture, make product decisions, oversee day-to-day management duties (including driving sales, ensuring an exceptional guest experience, managing expenses, improving productivity and profitability), be an ambassador for Cascadia Liquor, and enhance the brand through compliance with government regulations and policy management.
Proven leadership experience is required as you will be directly involved in the selection, supervision, and growth of a team, and communicating goals, processes, and policies. You will be providing solutions for day-to-day challenges, coaching, and mentoring, and supporting the education and development of all management and team members. The GM is a people-oriented, growth-minded leader who will be involved in implementing marketing and promotional activities to continually increase sales, maximize margins, and increase market share for the company to achieve financial objectives.
What makes them a great employer?
They offer many benefits and perks, and here is just a sampling of what you can look forward to when you join their team:
- Competitive salary and variable bonuses based on KPI’s
- A flexible Tuesday to Saturday schedule
- RRSP matching and employer paid extended health and dental plan and annual health and wellness reimbursement
- Education and tuition reimbursement and in-house training and certifications
- Product and staff discounts to all their brands
- A socially responsible and inclusive culture with paid volunteer days and charitable donation matching
- FUN working environment – theme days, annual parties
- Socially responsible and inclusive culture
What could your day as General Manager hold?
- With the Operations Manager and other leadership group members, the GM leads the opening of a new Cascadia liquor location, including recruitment, staffing, product decisions, promotional activities, and business operations.
- Inspires a team of employees to meet productivity goals and deliver impeccable and consistent guest service quality and capacity.
- Provides strong people leadership in recruitment, training and development, scheduling practices, clear expectations and follow up, coaching, and performance management to create great culture.
- Accomplishes revenue targets by creating action plans, communicating goals, inspiring the team, and following process and best practices.
- Reviews monthly, quarterly, and yearly financial reports with accompanying analysis of results in support of the OM, identifying variances, initiating corrective actions to deliver profitable results in the specific location.
- Ensures all cash handling policies, health and safety requirements, building and equipment maintenance standards are meeting company and government standards in all aspects of operational and team day to day execution.
This is just a sampling of the key responsibilities of this new role. Please review the full Job Description to learn more.
Our ideal General Manager brings:
- A solid combination of business management with industry related sales and hospitality knowledge, strong communication, and leadership skills.
- 3 to 5 years of liquor retail experience with 3+ years in a hospitality management or retail management role. (Experience must include direct accountability for achieving and driving sales.)
- Strong knowledge of and passion for the beverage industry.
- Certifications in wine, beer and/or spirits (WSET Level 2 or equivalent) is considered a strong asset.
- Serving It Right certification.
- The ability to work a Tuesday to Saturday schedule and the flexibility to meet the demands of the business.
- The ability to lift 25 kg repeatedly and stay physically active throughout your time at work.
- Strong skills in MS Office, retail POS systems, and office administration.
Skills and abilities that will help you thrive in this role:
- An approachable, confident, and service-focused personality is a must!
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to manage and motivate people.
We would love to hear from you!
If this opportunity and joining an established and growing Island company speaks to what you have been hoping for, after learning more about the responsibilities and requirements by reviewing the full Job Description, we encourage you to apply! (Please indicate if you are applying for the opportunity at Royal Bay or Port Alberni.)
We look forward to receiving your confidential application. We acknowledge all applications; however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted following the initial application acknowledgement.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.