Website StarFish Medical
The Director of Marketing develops and executes B2B marketing strategies that lead to increased business growth and sales.
StarFish Medical has a new opportunity for a Director of Marketing to develop and execute B2B marketing strategies that lead to increased business growth and sales for our growing group of companies. Based in Toronto, ON, or Victoria, BC, you will participate in the development and support of the company’s strategic plans. If you bring proven B2B marketing experience (preferably in professional, high technology services) and a big-thinking strategic perspective with the ability to operate effectively in a small marketing team, you could be part of our leadership team and award-winning culture!
How will you add value?
- The Director of Marketing reports to the President of StarFish Medical and is responsible for both strategic and hands-on marketing for StarFish Medical with oversight support for associated StarFish Group Companies.
- Working with senior and executive members of the companies, you will develop marketing strategies that deliver key business metrics and goals, including lead generation and thought leadership.
- Collaborating with the President, sales, product development, QA/RA, and manufacturing management leadership to identify opportunities, reach new markets and develop new channels.
- Conducting market research and gathering industry intelligence to understand customers and creating effective marketing campaigns.
- Creating the ‘voice’ of the companies, providing appropriate external and internal communications and programs, and controlling the direction and messaging of all creative and marketing campaigns.
- Creating and executing marketing campaigns covering traditional and non-traditional channels, social networking, and referrals to reach target segments.
This is only a sampling of what your responsibilities will include and how you will contribute to our growth. For more detailed information, please review the full Job Description to learn more.
Our ideal Director of Marketing brings:
- 10+ years in B2B marketing, preferably in professional, high technology services.
- Proven ability to develop and successfully execute marketing strategies leading to increased business growth and sales.
- Big-thinking strategic perspective with an ability to operate and be effective in a small marketing team.
- Able to advocate brands, products, strategies, and processes resulting in increased sales, profitability, brand awareness, customer loyalty and corporate reputation.
- Demonstrated ability to translate ideas and vision into brand definition and marketing strategies.
- Experience generating content through employee experts for multiple mediums, including product collateral, webinars, conferences, whitepapers, news releases, website, newsletters, etc.
- A degree in Marketing or Business.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Additional Skills and Abilities:
- Able to engage and manage outside consultants.
- Exceptional professional demeanor, tact, and diplomacy.
- Strong leadership skills coupled with exceptional communications and presentation abilities
- Strong ability to interpret and apply market research data.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- An open and direct communicator who builds strong relationships internally and externally.
- Able to work well in roles of influence rather than control.
- Works well cross-functionally with peers and those not in direct reporting relationships.
- Ability to occasionally travel to tradeshows, presentations, and customer sites.
StarFish Medical is Canada’s leading Medical Device Design service provider with a full complement of design, development, and manufacturing services in Victoria and Toronto. We successfully partner with innovative companies (both large and small) to create breakthrough products for a number of medical specialty areas. Our work environment received the Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures for 2021 award recognizing best-in-class cultures that have helped enhance performance and sustain a competitive advantage.
StarFish Medical offers:
- Award winning culture with deep-rooted Guiding Principles.
- Competitive compensation and team profit sharing program.
- Excellent company-paid benefits package.
- Monthly All-hands meetings and social events that happen both during the workday and outside of work hours.
- 50% BC Transit/TTC cost sharing.
- Both locations offer shower facilities for midday runs or biking to work, and Victoria offers Galloping Goose access close by, while Toronto offers a Bike Share station within 5 minute walk to the office.
- Both locations offer free parking on-site or around the premises.
We look forward to receiving your confidential application to join our growing team!
If you experience any difficulties when applying, please reach out to email@example.com with the “Director of Marketing Job Portal Issue” in the subject line.
We thank all candidates who apply; however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted following initial application acknowledgement.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.ca.