Website Advanced Environmental Monitoring (AEM)
Opportunity in the Washington, DC area for an Account Executive in AEM's growing US Federal Government Team.
Our client, Advanced Environmental Monitoring (AEM), has a new opportunity in the Washington, DC area for an Account Executive in their growing US Federal Government Team. In this remote role, 3-5 years of selling technology or environmental products to government agencies is required. Hydrology, meteorology, or environmental experience would be highly beneficial. If you are excited by the opportunity to sell technology and services that help protect our environment and keep communities safe, keep reading!
Who is AEM?
AEM (Advanced Environmental Monitoring) is the global leader in innovative mission critical weather and water monitoring and intelligence solutions. Their family of innovators offers world-class hydrometeorological technologies and services, including sensors, dataloggers, telemetry, and advanced analytics and software. Their technology and services enable the agencies they serve to be more resilient, to protect communities and infrastructure, and to respond to the climate challenge. AEM has an established and growing team who are excited to be providing the dynamic environmental solutions now required by the US Federal Government in this expanding market.
Account Executive position outline:
The Account Executive on the US federal government team will be based in the greater Washington, DC area and be responsible for opportunities in the assigned territory (Eastern US) including new and existing clients and inbound lead follow-up. This position will own and be accountable for the sales cycle process and entails prospecting, lead generation and qualification, identifying opportunities, RFP responses, and contract closing. The Account Executive will also build relationships with the network of federal prime contractors working across a variety of agencies. Working in coordination with Executive Leadership, Marketing, Sales Development Representatives and Sales Engineering resources the Account Executive will build and manage a pipeline of business for the territory. The position requires visiting regional federal government offices of the USDA, DOI, USGS, USACE, and others along with headquarters of other federal agencies that utilize AEM solutions and that are located near the nation’s capital.
If you are a highly organized, self-starting team player, who listens and asks questions in a consultative sales approach to understand the agency’s requirements and help map AEM solutions to address those needs, we would love to hear from you!
Your day may include:
- Developing new business outside of AEM’s existing client base and key sales campaigns and exploring new opportunities within your designated territory in a measurable way.
- Managing a pipeline and funnel of business using SalesForce.com CRM.
- Mapping, navigating, and understanding prospects’ informal and formal decision criteria, budget process and decision makers, and assessing competitors by analyzing and summarizing competitor information and trends; and identifying sales opportunities.
- Developing relationships with prospective clients, decision makers and influencers for complex technology solutions and translating client’s business strategy into business solutions.
- Ensuring existing accounts are kept up to date with the latest products
- Providing executive level presentations, updates, reports, sales forecasts, and written proposals
This is just a sample of what your day as an Account Executive in the US Federal Government Team may bring. Please review the full Job Description to learn more.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree, or a relevant combination of education and experience.
- 3-5 years of recent, related experience successfully selling technology or environmental products and services to government agencies.
- Hydrology, meteorology, or environmental experience a strong plus.
- Understanding of CRM systems, specifically Salesforce.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills, including attention to detail when communicating.
- Demonstrated experience conducting presentations.
Additional Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to travel periodically throughout the Eastern US territory.
- Strong bias for action and self-motivation; results driven with meticulous attention to detail.
- High aptitude for the industry, products, software, services, and markets.
- Ability to solve problems, negotiate positively, generate referral business, and persuade others.
- Strong written and oral communications skills with excellent presentation skills.
AEM offers competitive compensation of $100k base salary and On Target Earnings (OTE) of $150-170k. Benefits including Medical, Vision, Dental, Disability and 401(k).
How to Apply:
If you are an Account Executive with technical solutions sales experience to government agencies, and you bring a genuine interest in joining their growing US Federal Government Team focused on environmental technologies, please apply in confidence to TallSky Consulting with a resume that outlines how your experience meets the requirements of this position. This is a remote opportunity based in or near Washington, DC.
AEM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
You must be eligible to work in the US without company sponsorship, now or in the future, for employment-based work authorization. In the US, F-1 visa holders with Optional Practical Training (OPT) who will require H-1B status, TNs, or current H-1B visa holders will not be considered. H1-B and green card sponsorship is not available for this position
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.